We’re happy to announce the release of Orange Squeeze 1.0.7. This is the 7th maintenance release of Orange Squeeze, and quite possibly the best so far. At least, we hope so.
It almost seems like we’re on a schedule… as if we were planning these things. We’ve developed a sort of pattern. We start the week out by wrapping up the work from last week and the weekend. We confidently declare that this is “the last planned maintenance release” until we start rolling out new development/feature releases. Well, who knows. I’ve grown too humble to make any more predictions like that. There’s a very real possibility we’ll have a blog entry 7 days from now releasing 1.0.8, and that’s actually OK.
In all seriousness, here’s the changelog for this release:
Changes since 1.0.6
- Now playing title now indicates player status.
- Now playing progress bar on main screen subtly animates when playing.
- Visual styling/artwork updates.
- Improvements to the artwork handling, particularly for “Apps”.
- #14: Periodic crashes when playing Internet Radio stations.
- Automatic mute functionality broken.
- Drag and drop handle oversized.
- Occasional startup error message “Server hostname not set”.
- Device-specific crashes reported on Android Market.
- “Playlists” browse menu should be disabled when using MySqueezebox.com.
- “Search” option under “Internet Radio” didn’t do anything.
- Some music service items (Mog, Spotify, etc) wouldn’t play properly.
- “Play Next” support for “Apps” items.
- Reduced memory overall memory footprint by 3mb.